1. Orange and black are the colors of Halloween because orange is associated with the fall harvest and black is the color of darkness.
2. There are no words in the dictionary that rhyme with Orange.
3. Turnips and Beets once served as the original Jack O’ Lanterns.
4. Halloween is the second most commercially successful Holiday with Christmas being the first.
5. According to superstition if you stand in front of a mirror at midnight, you’ll see the reflection of your future spouse just over your left shoulder.
6. You can sprinkle salt and oatmeal on your child’s head to keep him or her from being possessed.
7. In England, white cats instead of black ones are thought to be bad luck.
8. Harry Houdini died on Halloween, in 1926 from peritonitis caused by a ruptured appendix.
9. Burning a candle inside a Jack O’ Lantern on Halloween is believed to keep demons and evil spirits at bay.
10. Put your clothes on inside out and walk backwards on Halloween night to meet a witch.
11. Gazing into the flame of a candle on Halloween night will allow you to see into the future.
12. If you hear footsteps behind you on Halloween night don’t turn around, for it may be Death himself! And to look him in the eye is a sure way to hasten your own demise.
13. If a bat flies around a house three times, it is considered to be a death omen.
I'm off to trick or treat, see ya tomorrow!
Covers: POINTE, REBEL BELLE, ASYLUM and more
1 hour ago